?link to us
Is the Turing Test "Brain Dead" Too?
by Pennywise on Thursday September 25, @01:58PM
|Just as an opening comment, you manage to subvert the Turing Test in one paragraph and in the very next mention that we should define intelligence as "a list of behaviors". Isn't the very foundation of the Turing Test -- to test by behavior? It seems like your only point of disagreement would be that Turing didn't formalize which behaviors to test, which as you point out, is still under heavy debate. Perhaps you can reconcile this apparent conflict of opinion of whether testing by behavior is the right way or wrong way to go.
Note: Fields with bold titles are required.
- Please try to keep posts on topic.
- Try to reply to other people comments instead of starting new threads,
- Read other people's messages before posting your own to avoid simply duplicating what has already been said.
- Use a clear subject that describes what your message is about.
- Please do not post offtopic, inflammatory, inappropriate, illegal, or offensive comments. Repeat offenders will be sanctioned.